Friday, November 14, 2008

Better MAN

I DON'T want to be a BETTER man...

I think I really need a PA... who wants to be? =P The person just need to know how to manage a blog and keep reminding me to update it... HAHA(I know I know, I barely update =P).. but I got soooooo much to tell... =)

Anyone likes 'Better man' by Robbie Williams? Personally, I like the melody of the song. =)

Ok, here it goes... I was playing this song and thoughts just came into my mind. Why be a BETTER man? Many people will think that why this StevenC DON'T want to be a BETTER man? What? So means he wanna be a BAT (BAD) man?


err... Batman?


Answer is NO, neither BAT nor BAD.... but I want to be a MAN of GOD!!!


yes... that's it!


What is better anyway? Like HOW is better? Guys... what is better for you? Ladies... what do you think a BETTER man should be like?

The world demands tremendous expectation for a better person or the BEST person... Thinking of it... who is the BEST person that come across your mind right now? and why are they the BEST person? [I apologize for my many questions, but give them a go =) ]


Here are my opinions...

Everyone is born unique, even identical twins... God made each and everyone of us unique... I bet many of you all heard of this statement gazillion times... but hold on, I'm talking about better man... what am I trying to say now? Unique cant be better now? Yes, definitely you can, by being who you called to be!

I believe God wants the very best of us and I just know the ONLY way to be better... Is to walk closer with Him and to be more like Him... Many men strive to be the better man that the world demands and sadly, often they lose themselves... Why not be the one He called you to be? We are all made in the image of God and before we trying to be better or the best, we ALREADY are!

Those are the thoughts that struck me when I was playing 'Better man' with the guitar... Well, not like I will banned this song but in fact, I still love this song.. haha! ~~~ "Send someone to love me...."

To those who don't know God, I pray that you ALL will have a relationship with Him, Jesus Christ. If you think that this post is a RELIGIOUS post, you are SO WRONG! Many people think that having a religion will make a person better (isn't that why so many parents want their kids to go church, or have some religions so that they can be 'better'?). But I can tell you, those ppl still striving to be what the world thinks is better/best... Being IN a relationship with Jesus gives you so much MORE than that... you DO NOT need to strive to be the best/better because you are "fearfully and wonderfully made" and He sees you as THE BEST, His masterpiece!

Psalm 139: 14 "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made......" (NIV)

To those Christian, how's your walk with Him? I pray that my post today will help you.. think about it... and do drop some thoughts of you in the comment box...

1 Peter 1:15-16 "But just as He who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; for it is written: "Be holy, because I AM HOLY." (NIV)


Guys, so you want to be a better man now or man of GOD?

Ladies, who will be your CHOICE?

God bless =)

9 comments:

Unknown said...

i couldn't agree with u more, bro. well said. Man of God it is. And i can confidently say He has shaped you to be one and still continuing to as we speak! God's best!

Anonymous said...

Wow~so profound ^ ^ actually, there is kind of no definition of " better man" i mean everybody wants 2 be a better person. As a lady, i also want 2 be a better lady as well...but how better we could be? bcos human being is so limited(like a flower quickley fading...)i reckon it all depend on God...so God will change us 2 be a better son or daughter of him...all we can do just follow his will and he will make changes on us which he thinks it's better for us...he will let us know who we are...
("not bcos who i am, but bcos what u've done,not bcos wat i'hv done, but bcos who u r a...lord u told me who i am...")-background music: *who I am* Casting Crown

Anonymous said...

Sorry...it seems I wrote 2 much=P...anyway, JUST NATURALLY BE WHO U R ("better man" is not tht important anymore...)cos we are all UNIQUE(citation from Steven, 2008)and God made us by his own purpose=P...BE BLESSED

bebe said...

Boiboi! you are a gorgeous man(boy) inside and out!

Love that heart... keep sharing the Love.

<3

Jack|SQ said...

Steven kor!

Finally got what you meant. Haha. Good one! Blog more often lah! Have a safe and fun trip back to tanah airmu ;)

eilynn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
eilynn said...

it's awesome how when you update, you speak so profoundly! thumbs up for you steven! i agree with Davin, God has been speaking through to in all of these posts! i like the second picture by the way!

eilynn said...

*God has been speaking through you.

sorry about the typo there!

Anonymous said...

Good post!=]